PDA

View Full Version : kanaplex

michaelg210
11-03-2010, 14:35
i am treating for cloudy eye, rather severe, and am wondering how long before i should start to see results.

it has been 2 treatments, (1x every other day) and still nothing noticeable.

thanks
mjg

Tech Support AN
11-03-2010, 15:49
To be honest, it is quite hard to put an exact time on when you should see results. I would recommend treating with the Kanaplex every other day up to 7 days. If the infection is as severe as you say, then it may take multiple doses before you see any improvement. Also during this time be sure that you are maintaining high water quality, as poor water quality is usually directly related with bacterial infections. You should remove all chemical filtration when dosing medications to ensure 100% efficiency.

michaelg210
11-03-2010, 16:24
will do, thanks

mjg

Tech Support AN
11-03-2010, 16:27
You are welcome! Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes!

michaelg210
11-03-2010, 16:43
will do, thanks

one thing, had previously treated the tank for an overall infection of chilodonella with a combo malechite green / formulin.

I read somewhere formalin can cause cloudy eye, (or it could have been a secondary infection). Don't know if this would make any differrence.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
mjg

Tech Support AN
11-03-2010, 17:02
I have not heard of malachite green/formalin directly causing cloudy eye. I think what occurred was a secondary infection as a result of the primary infection that you were initially treating. Secondary bacterial infections are very common in the confines of an aquarium. This is why it is extremely important to maintain good water quality, not only when you are medicating, but on a regular basis.