De*nitrate in 2 little fishies reactor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De*nitrate in 2 little fishies reactor

My well water comes out at 50 ppm nitrates which has been tested by a lab and is also very hard which is why I have Malawi cichlids. I am buying a Poret mattenfilter and thinking of buying a 2 little fishies reactor and place De*nitrate in the reactor. Would De*nitrate work well in the 2 little fishies reactor assuming I keep the flow to under 50 gph?
    Thank you

Thanks for the post! Yes, as long as the flow rate is less than 50 gph, the de*nitrate will work as a nitrifying and denitrifying filter very effectively.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'm trying to figure how much effect a nitrate filter as stated above would affect my water water parameters seeing that I start with nitrate levels of 50 ppm from my well. That's before I add fish. Let's assume a 100 gallon tank with no fish that has a seasoned nitrate filter for analysis. What effect should I expect to see?
      Thank you

Comment

Hi there! Difficult to quantify - it's going to depend on the frequency of your water changes and the rate at which your fish produce nitrate. We'd expect nitrate to begin falling a few weeks to a month after adding the reactor, and will either fall to near 0 or will significantly slow the rate at which nitrate builds up in your system (in this case, the solution is more de*nitrate).

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X