Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrix + Denitriate + Stability in my fresh water tank ( Work so well!! Thank you)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrix + Denitriate + Stability in my fresh water tank ( Work so well!! Thank you)

I am registered myself to this forum simply because I would like to say a big thank you to Seachem's product and would love to share my own positive experience with Seachem with everyone here ( even tho I know do most ppl on this forum probably love seachem products already)

- I have a 25L with I personally believe a slight over fish loading ( around 15 guppies, I heard ppl say it's better to have around 2-3 L per guppies)
    - I use to have serious Nitrate problem that it will goes up all the way from 5ppm to 40 in just 3 or

- Water changes are needed at least 2 times per week to keep it low but I believe the big swing of nitrate amount and water changes are still causing alot of stress to the guppies

- I tried denitrate, put it into a DIY reactor to make sure the flow is below 50L/ hour, --> doesn't work
    - I tried to put it into my mech filter --> doesn't work
    - But I have faith in the products and think it's a more natural way in fixing the nitrate problem then to use some chemical product in the market
    - I am not sure if that's the true reason but I start to wonder maybe it's because there just isn't enough anaerobic bacteria
    ( for your info, most of the store in my area only sell liquid with aerobic type bacteria which turn ammonia into no2-->no3 only)
    - I search through the web and try 2 or 3 products which contain anaerobic bacteria which i hope will resolve the No3 problem but it still doesn't work
    - finally I after i look into the decription of Seachem Stability, I am glad to know it does contain aerobic, anaerobic facultative bacteria
    - it's like a one stop solution to me and most important, it finally work!

- i am still in the first week of using it( that is i add half cap of Stability) into the filter/water everyday), I hope the bacteria will work with the matrix/ denitrate in my DIY small NO3 reactor and the filter and I can stop pouring stability everyday but only when water changes

but up to this point, this combo is amazing that the amount of No3 is below 5ppm everyday, algas problem is gone too.

the no3 in the water are so low that i even hang a "side small tank" to my current one with water flowing in/ out of it and use it to keep my new adding crystal red shrimp!.

Thank you for your products which work so well and so natural that saved me from turning my tank into a chemistry lab which, i have to do tons of testing, pouring tons of different kind of chemical/medicine into it everyday.

Wow!!! Thank you so much for this post and your positive words about our products! Please feel free to post any questions you may have on the forum or email us directly at [EMAIL="support@seachem.com"]support@seachem.com[/EMAIL]!!! Thanks again and have a great day!!!!

Comment

Hello, as i love Seachem products denitrate is one of material presents in my two bio filters. I have 15 discus in 450 liters tank and no3 is always about 10 mg/l also when i do, rarely, water change after 2 weeks.
      I use to put one liter of it splitted in two prefilter and it works. As the instructions say, a slow water flow rate is required and discus love a slow water movement. When I'll do filters maintenance I'll transfer denitrate into them.

My question about is: how denitrate is composed? I'd like to know which is the mineral used to build denitrate, if possible. I'm very curious :D

Thanks a lot, Gioacchino.

P.s. Stability, combined with Pristine, is the best choice to warrant an optimum biofilter work!
      Last edited by ToDDoLo; 12-06-2017, 16:48.

Comment

Another question: is correct to put denitrate in the last basket of filter considering the water flow?

Thanks again, Gioacchino.

Comment

Thanks for the message and support, Gioacchino! De*Nitrate is made of natural porous stones that is resemblant to pumice. The difference is that not every porous stone is the same. De*Nitrate is a specific type chosen for its porosity, pore size, durability, and inert nature. We all look for a balance of size of the pores in an excellent biomedia, not too big, not too small. Another consideration is durability and maintenance. De*Nitrate is an inert, porous stone which is extremely durable, and because most of the surface area is internal, it can be rinsed without destroying all the beneficial bacteria.

Yes, it is correct to put De*Nitrate in the last filter basket to accommodate water flow.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

Gioacchino

Comment

Working...
            X