Excel dosing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel dosing

I just recently purchased a 2 liter bottle of Excel. I have never used it before, and have heard an overdose can cause shrimp death. I do have 2 cherry shrimp in the tank I am adding the Excel to. On the bottle it says the initial dose should be 1 capful for every 20 gals, after that 1 capful for every 100 gals. However, on your website, the directions state 1 capful for every 10 gals, then 1 capful for every 50 gals. Which is correct? I don't want to kill off my shrimp due to mislabeling.

Re: Excel dosing

Ok so I think I may have figured out the answer on my own, but just want to be sure. The cap on the 2 liter bottle is obviously bigger (probably double the size) than the cap on the reg size bottles. Therefore, the dosage equivalent doubles. Am I right?

I already did the initial dose, and am going to start out dosing every other day to see how that goes.

Comment

Thanks for the question. You are correct: the cap on the 2L bottle of Flourish Excel holds 10mL, while the cap on the smaller bottles (100mL, 250mL, 500mL) holds 5mL, hence the different dosing instructions. Dosing this product every other day or daily should produce great results for you :-) Hope this helps!

Comment

I have heard that overdosing can cause shrimp death. I have 2 cherry shrimp in the tank that I am using Excel in. Right now I am dosing every other day in fear of overdose. How much would be considered an overdose?

Comment

It is completely safe to use Excel daily as directed, and doing so would not be overdoing it. We simply don't recommend overdosing, as Excel is a reducing agent. Therefore, dosing 1 capful per 50 gallons of water daily is perfectly acceptable. We hope this information helps, and thank you for using Flourish Excel!

Comment

Working...
          X