Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To interpret the number of the line Flourish

Hello Seachem,

Can you please explain me what these numbers mean? and how to interpret them to make a correct dose of fertilized? how to do the calculation if I already have some presence of nitrate and phosphate in the aquarium? so as not to have an imbalance and possible appearance of algae.

Best regards,

Eduardo
    Flourish line

Thanks for the post! Those are referring to the NPK (respectively) percentages in each of the products. The best way to determine how much you need of each product is to test the individual levels in your aquarium. For nitrogen and phosphorous, we recommend maintaining a 10:1 ratio of nitrate:phosphate (since these are easily measured by a test kit). Also, there are helpful formulas you can use to target specific levels. For example:

[FONT=Open Sans][SIZE=13px]To target a specific nitrogen increase, dose according to the following formula: 0.25vn=m, where v= volume of tank in gallons, n=desired nitrogen increase (if using a “nitrate equivalent” value for “n” then use a factor of 0.05 instead of 0.25 in the formula) and m=volume of product to use in mL. For example to raise 20 gallons by 0.20 mg/L nitrogen you would use: 0.25*20*0.20=1 mL.

To target a specific phosphate increase, dose according to the following formula: 0.8vp=m, where v= volume of tank in gallons, p=desired phosphate increase and m=volume of product to use in mL. For example to raise 20 gallons to 0.1 mg/L phosphate you would use: 0.8*20*0.1=1.6 mL.

I hope this helps!!!![/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Thanks for the reply, as an example in an aquarium with 0 nitrate and 0 phosphate if I add the recommended dosage of Flourish, once a week and 5ml per 250 liters, how many ppm of nitrate or nitrogen are added and how many of phosphate? for this way along with Flourish Nitrogen and Flourish Phosphorus know how much to add to have the 10:1 relationship.

Another question, using the basic dose of Flourish Nitrogen (2.5 ml for each 160 L twice a week) and Flourish Phosphorus (2.5 ml for each 80 L once or twice a week), Are these 2 compounds added in a 10:1 ratio?

Best regards,

Eduardo

Comment

I apologize for the delay, my original post never posted! When using the Flourish you are only adding very small amounts of the nutrients, so they get utilized very quickly, therefore, will not be detectable in the water column. For targeting the 10:1 ratio, we recommend using the Flourish Nitrogen and Flourish Phosphorous for achieving this. The dosages are not added in the 10:1 ratio. Each dose of the Flourish Nitrogen will raise your nitrate by 1ppm and each dose of the Flourish Phosphorous will raise your phosphate by 0.15ppm. So you will have to add the products until you have reached the desired 10:1 ratio. Keep in mind that fish waste and food breakdown, also will contribute to nitrate and phosphate in the tank so it is important that you test these levels to ensure you are reaching your target goal.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Thank you very much for the answer

Comment

Working...
          X