PPS-Pro Dosage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS-Pro Dosage

Hello, I have been using the Seachem fertilizer dosing chart but it is getting expensive to keep up with it. I want to move to use Seachem products with a PPS Pro dosing method. I have a 60 L tank heavily planted. My question is, is it possible to used this method with Seachem products? If yes, then is the below daily dosage for a 60 L tank suitable:

Flourish: 1.9 ml
    Iron: 0.6 ml
    Nitrogen: 0.91 ml
    Phosphorus: 0.5 ml
    Potassium: 1.7 ml

Thanks.

Thanks for the post!

I don't see why you couldn't give it a shot! As long as the plants are getting the proper amounts of nutrients they require with the suggested dosages, it should not be a problem. However, I would recommend testing your nitrates and phosphates often to ensure you are maintaining the proper ratio of 10:1 nitrate:phosphate to prevent any algae issues. Another concern would be adding the Flourish daily, as we only recommend adding it once or twice weekly. According to our instructions, you would be adding a total of 2.4mls per week vs 13.3mls per week with the above dosage. Flourish does contain organics that may not be utilized as quickly by the plants, so if you are dosing it too often or too much, you may run into some algae issues.

I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Working...
    X