Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autodosing Excel......

Hi,

I am going to use a DIY Autodosing setup similar to this-Scroll down to pix 4 and 5:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...ht=auto+dosing

I will be using it to dose Excel, Macros and Micros.....

Excel is "available" for 24 hrs after it is added to the tank according to this-3rd question down:

http://www.seachem.com/support/FAQs/...Excel_faq.html

So, my question is: Once I add the Excel into the Autodosing bottle(Excel + Water)--will the 24hr clock start??? Or will it remain "available" in the sealed autodosing container until it is actually dosed into the tank???

Any insight would be very Helpful.....

Thanx!
    Last edited by Naja002; 03-09-2006, 18:58.

Re: Autodosing Excel......

As long as you do not use aquarium water to dilute your Excel you will be fine.

Comment

Thank You for Your Prompt reply.

I'm not sure that I understand though.

Why would the use of "Aquarium water" be different than Tap, Distilled, Spring, etc...???

The conainer(s) are air-tight and the only air that enters is air intentionally pumped in at 1 minute intervals to "pump" the solution into the aquarium.

A Side Question: Would there be any negative effect of mixing the proper ratios of the Excel, Macros and Micros in one container for this autodosing purpose...???

Thanx!

Comment

Aquarium water is full of bacteria and other organics. This is what degrades the Excel.

Comment

Great! I had considered that as the answer, but really wasn't sure....

Any Thoughts on the Side Question:

Would there be any negative effect of mixing the proper ratios of the Excel, Macros and Micros in one container for this autodosing purpose...???

Many Thanx!

Comment

I have know people to mix micros, Excel and most macros and be fine. You do not want to mix Phosphorous with most of the other chemicals as you can cause a precipitation.

Comment

Sounds Great!

I was aware of the Phosphorus, but glad to have it confirmed.

I am going to try Excel, Flourish, Iron, N and K in a 1 gal. autodosing container--Hoping it will last 2-4 wks. If You see any potential problems with this--Please let me know.

Otherwise, I will report back on my findings....

One autodosing container really helps keep the initial system cost down.

Many, Many Thanx!

Comment

Your welcome and good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X