Getting ich while running cupramine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ich while running cupramine

I have had an issue with ich in my marine fish so have them in a 100gal tank running cupramine, there is live rock in the setup. I’ve got a seachem copper test kit and have been testing every two or three days and keeping my copper level between 0.5-0.6 consistently for over a month now. The ich had disappeared for a couple of weeks and I was about to start removing the copper. I then had a powder blue tang break out in ich again, two days later my blue tang was covered. Over this month to six week period my copper levels were all above 0.5 and all the water added to the tank with a water change or just normal top up had cupramine added to it and pre mixed before it went into the tank. How is it I now have ich back while having copper in my setup? Any help would be hugely appreciated.
    Edit::: forgot to add, I have not dosed anything at all over this period of time and my UV filter has been turned off.
    Last edited by Shan1101; 01-06-2018, 02:15.

Hello,
    Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry for the issue, how fish are feeling now? Please, can you let me know the salinity level in your tank?
    If the Ich infection still there, I could recommend to remove all copper in the tank, and try to treat with Metroplex mixed with frozen food.

Comment

Working...
    X